Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion

Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion
PMLE Symptom Prevention! Click image to find out more and BUY!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life Lessons: Courtesy of Motherhood

Recently, I've been trying to slow down and enjoy life a little more. For those of you who know me (as the type-A, control freak), you realize how difficult this is for me! However, along the way, I've been reflecting on the things that, for good or for bad, motherhood teaches us.

* Patience, Patience, Patience -- I think this one is pretty self-explanatory.

* There is more than one way to do everything -- this took me a while to determine and come to terms with. Yes, there are instructions that come with baby and toddler toys explaining how they are to be properly used .... never anticipate that this will actually be how your baby uses the item. Do not be alarmed!

* I can write paragraph's worth of information and instructions regarding the simplest things I do for Connor throughout the day -- an example: I never thought that I would feel the need to explain how to fill a sippy cup with apple juice the correct way (not all the way to the top because it will spill, consisting of one-third water from the fridge dispenser, two-thirds actual juice, and a squirt of liquid baby vitamins - but only in the morning). Seriously, this is just juice... should you desire an explanation of, lets say, putting Connor to bed, that could take an entire spiral notebook. This is just one of TONS of examples of how I need to tone-down the type-Aness :)
Side note: Connor would be fine no matter how one put him to bed or filled his juice cup... really.

* There are more important things in life than a good tan, a flat stomach and a night out on the town (but all three would still be nice!)-- if you had told me this 5 years ago, I would have laughed at you. Enough said.

and finally,

* You may be considered a slacker if you are doing less than 2 or 3 things simultaneously -- this is true. Multitasking has become an art form in my life. Elliptical while on the phone while browsing a magazine while watching Connor ... sitting down on the couch to read a magazine?? Ha. CPS would be here in a second.... everyone knows moms don't get to sit down!!!

I end with pictures from Christmas Eve ... Christmas pics to come soon! I hope everyone had a good one!
















No comments: