Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion

Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion
PMLE Symptom Prevention! Click image to find out more and BUY!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Without Connor


This past weekend I packed up and headed to Nolin lake with some friends to have a little R&R / mommy time! This was the first time Jamie and Connor spent even one night alone, much less an entire weekend! I knew everything was going to be fine for a couple reasons, 1.) because Jamie has always been really involved in caring for Connor - from diaper changes and bath time, he's a pro and 2.) He's always up for a challenge, and this was one he was sure he could tackle.


I was a bit concerned that I might come back to the house-from-hell ... but the house looked about like it did before I left. Phew ... everything went so well .... maybe too well, I told Jamie "Now I can go on a mini-vaca like every other weekend!". Of course I was joking, but I think Jamie was kind of wishing some minor had gone wrong so I would feel like maybe I should never leave again!
It was hard leaving both of them for 2 days. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to be looking forward to coming home and getting back to baby duty, but I really was! I guess things change. Three years ago we went to the lake and I did NOT want to leave come Sunday afternoon. It's weird when your priorities change without you even noticing. All of the girls on the trip this time were married or engaged (except my sister, lucky, she had the best time of anyone!! plus, I'm secretly jealous b/c she's still in school ... who doesn't want to go back to sophomore year in college???) meaning we appreciate sleep a lot more and were anxious to get home and get all our boring chores done before going to bed and getting up for work the next morning!!
Well, I'm already looking forward to next year .... but until then, home isn't a bad place to be, either :)

No comments: