Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion

Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion
PMLE Symptom Prevention! Click image to find out more and BUY!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sick sick sick

Being sick sucks ... having a sick baby who then proceeds to to you sick, sucks more.

This week hasn't exactly been stellar. Yesterday, my car just kept turning itself off in the parking lot of our local Kroger. Yep, that's right, I'm just driving along and all of a sudden a bunch of lights on the dash would "illuminate" as they say in the owner's manual, the power steering would go out, and the car would just shut off. I was able to make it home, and then had to wait over 2 hours for the stupid Land Rover Roadside Assistance people to get to our house. You would think that having a brand new car would actually be a good thing, but this is like the third time my car has been in the shop in the past few months. *Grrr* All is not lost, because I did get a SUV nicer than mine to roll around in for the next god-only-knows-how-long. It just sucks to have to keep switching the car seat in and out... and all the other crap we need in the car.... which is a lot ... I won't go into details.

So, that brings me to late last night ... more of the middle of the night I guess. Connor wakes up screaming, not just the escalating crying we are used to, but screaming. So, I go upstairs and upon opening his door I am hit with an awful stench. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I know it's not poop. It only takes me about a second to figure out what it is. Puke. All over the crib ... and Connor. On a side note, this is actually one of the times that I can't imagine what it would be like to be a working, single mom. I truly have the uttermost respect for those women. Because, what did I do? Call for Jamie to come upstairs to help quarantine the sheets and Connor's clothes in a plastic bag, of course!!
I'll spare you the rest of the details, but about an hour, one more throw-up, 2 books, and a diaper change later, I am able to hit the sack, upstairs in the guest bedroom. Lucky me, the bedside clock had never been set since the last power flash at our house, so it was blinking red all night long (yes I could have fixed or unplugged it, but I'm lazy, don't judge me ;) All-in-all, not a great night.

And now, I am sitting here writing this to you (and Lysol spraying everything in the house) because I had to skip out on my long-anticipated Move Night with the girls because I now do not feel good. {tear}... I was seriously looking forward to this night out!

Now I'm just hoping for a barf-free night for everyone. That would be nice!

No comments: