Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion

Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion
PMLE Symptom Prevention! Click image to find out more and BUY!

Friday, December 5, 2008

We Didn't Order Pizza!!!

I need to vent about the single most frustrating thing (maybe ever) that happened to me yesterday. I had just driven home from my parent's house with Connor and he fell asleep in the car. Yea! It was late afternoon (like 5:30 ish) so I was pumped at the possibility of Connor actually taking his second nap of the day (which rarely happens lately!) Anyway, I go to gently transfer Connor from the car to the crib, which I was only doing because it was SO cold in the car, even in the garage, otherwise I would obviously not have even attempted this scary feat! Of course he wakes up, but knowing how tired he must have been to fall asleep on the short car ride home, I let him fuss a bit in the crib and by the time I fetched all our crap out of the car and put it away ... silence from upstairs. Woo hoo!

Then, it happens. The worst thing that can happen in a home that has dogs and a sleeping baby. The dreaded doorbell.

Now, let me preface this with saying that I am no dummy. Yes, I am an online shopping addict (see previous posts ;) so I get TONS of packages per week and I am completely used to listening for the truck out on the street and intercepting any deliveries before the delivery guy's finger can even come close to our doorbell! In fact, me and the UPS guy are basically dating at this point ... he knows more about where I shop and what kind of sweats I wear during the day than anyone would want to know ... so I consider us pretty close. More importantly, I know his schedule!! And, yesterday, when we got home, I picked a couple of packages up from the front porch, so I KNEW for a fact UPS and FedEx had already been by. So the coast should have been clear... right?

DING DONG!

It's like my life flashed before my eyes ... but in my brain... "Who could that be? Surprise delivery? Flowers? (that would be nice) The neighbors? Jehovah's Witness? Seriously!! Who could that be?? BOTH of my delivery-truck-driving-boyfriends had already been here! Did they forget a box?? (ooh, did I forget something was coming today?)"

Meanwhile, Charlotte (my little black shih-tzu) is barking and tearing through the house like a freaking maniac... and it basically shakes the house ... anyone with an open-floor-plan 2-story house knows exactly what I'm talking about!!

DANG IT!!!!! (aka: #$F^%S^&^*&D)%^#@#M@%!F@#!^S^&*) - Honesty, worst things were said... you can fill in the blanks.

As I make my way to the front door, trying to grab Charlotte and turn the outside lights on at the same time, I hear Connor start wailing from upstairs.

Again: ^%S^&^*&D)%^#@#M@%!F@#!^S^!!!!!!

Upon turning the front lights on, I see it's a pizza dude holding 3 pizzas and looking kind of pissed that I didn't turn the front lights on for him to see his way up our sidewalk.

UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE!!!

"You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!" I thought ... not only was is not anything exciting, it wasn't even anything for ME!!! I opened the door and said simply: "Wrong house" and closed the door. I do not think I have ever been so mad at pizza in my life... seriously! Of course, it was also Charlotte's fault for being such a spaz... but I decided it didn't really matter at that point.

Added bonus: Jamie calls my cell phone in the middle of all of this ... and then the house phone!! Let's just say he didn't get such a great response when I finally was able to answer! He could tell how upset I was and offered to call and get the guy fired.... I think he was joking ... but anyone with a napping baby who has a million-and-one things to do will tell you, he deserved to be!! ;)

So, I go upstairs and get my cranky little stinker who was obviously not too happy with being woken up from a nap he never wanted to take in the first place.

And, I'm not sure we'll be ordering pizza for a while :)

No comments: