Top 5 Signs That You (I) Really Need a Job or Something Else to Do With Your (my) Life During the Day Besides Being a Mommy:
5. When you have planned, down to every detail, a one-year-old's birthday and it's still a month before the party. I admit, everything has been purchased and organized in one corner of my bedroom - Connor's outfit is picked out - I'm really excited.
4. When going to a mundane place such as Kroger, the post office, or the gym becomes the highlight of your day. What's worse, I will even go out of my way to make conversation with people I never would have talked to before - this is something I used to witness people doing and didn't understand... now I do, I love Connor, but he's not much of a talker.
3. When you check the tracking number for the status of a package you're expecting every other hour. Don't pretend like you've never done this. Online shopping is awesome - and I'm pretty sure I keep the UPS guy in our area in his toes. He doesn't even ring the doorbell anymore! It's like playing a video game - the tracking will show it's left Lexington, and then BOOM, and hour later, your package is in Louisville and "out for delivery". Beautiful.
2. When you have a blog - I think this one is obvious. I know there are people who have blogs that DO work, but I probably wouldn't.
1. When you find out your adult ballet class will not be performing a recital and you're actually secretly disappointed. Yes, I'm just doing the classes for fun and exercise, but I would be lying if I said there wasn't a little part of me who wanted to do a recital or something gosh-awful Jamie would have to sit though ;)