Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion

Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion
PMLE Symptom Prevention! Click image to find out more and BUY!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weekend of Louisville Fun!

Well, it's August, which I cannot even believe (except when I walk outside and then it's very believable at 100 degrees ... but anyway). This past weekend was the first weekend in a long time that we were all home together... between vacations and road trips, we haven't exactly spent a lot of time at home lately (and we're leaving in 2 days for a week trip to Huntington Beach, but that's a story for another post) . On Friday, we went to my parents house for a little family/ aunt's birthday get-together. I was super excited to try a recipe for baked jalapeno poppers with my sack of organic, homegrown jalapenos I got from the Farmer's Market in downtown Lexington on Tuesday when we went to visit Dad. Barring the severe burning of my hands I suffered through for the rest of the weekend (the recipe does recommend using gloves, advice that I wish I had not disregarded) everything went very smoothly and I totally recommend everyone make them! Seriously, they were all eaten and received raved reviews. This is somewhat uncharted territory for me - this whole, cooking-good-things-that-look-very-complicated-and-taste-awesome territory. Normally, I'm more of a "I'll bring the chips and dip!" sort of gal. Any who, check out the recipe - it's awesome!

That brings us to Saturday. Another family reunion in J Town. This one was during the day, which I was dreading because of the heat, but it ended up not being that bad. Many of the people there hadn't seen Connor yet, so my parent and grandparents had a fun time showing him off! Saturday night we headed to the St. Joe's picnic (sans Connor, thanks to my mom, aka Grandma Sue) to meet Amanda and Scott for some good 'ole Catholic gambling and beer drinking (you have to love Catholics - well, if not, at least respect their knack for having a good time). The crowd was giant and it ended up being a pleasant temperature by the time we got there. Most of our time there was spent eyeing the teenagers and commenting on how they were dressed and acting .... "Did we dress like that?" "No, surely not." "Is that girl even 18? Why does she have a beer in her hand?" You know the drill. Standing about 100 feet away, over by the beer tent and the "Win a Fern" booth, the moms in their bermuda shorts and halter tops, and dads in their U of L t-shirts with beer koozies must have been proud. I digress....

Sunday we went to the neighborhood pool where I decided that we are never going back to the pool on a weekend ... ever! I guess we're spoiled from the smaller crowds on the week days, but we couldn't even get a table with an umbrella = no shade for Connor, and we were being crowded out by this group next to us who didn't seem to have the general understanding of personal space. Connor had a good time though, and Jamie took him home for a nap and I could stay for about an hour as a free woman by myself, so all in all, it wasn't too bad.

So, fast forward to good old Tuesday and I really NEED to get off the computer and start packing for our trip to see Jamie's parents... plus I'm going to see Mama Mia tonight - so, until tomorrow ...

No comments: