Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion

Shirudo AGR Antioxidant Lotion
PMLE Symptom Prevention! Click image to find out more and BUY!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Dear Connor: My Favorite Things: Jan/Feb 2010

Taking the lead from a fellow blogger, sorority sister, mommy, and friend over at babywebbsite.com, I've decided to write a little something to Connor (and eventually our new addition) every month or 2 so he (okay, mostly I) can remember what each stage was like.  This is my first letter/list.

Connor,

These are my absolute favorite things about you at this stage:

1.) Your newly-invented laugh that sounds like a mix between a Little Rascals character and a fat cartoon chef in a Disney movie.  Combine it with your big, bright white smile and squinty eyes and, yes, you get whatever you want ...every time!

2.) Your specific request for "pee pee powder" and "butt cream" when we change your diaper.... and then the cute giggle and "That tickles!" that follows.

3.) Your uncanny ability to spot and name any and all construction vehicles (or "tractors" as you call them), school buses, garbage trucks, firetrucks, police cars, boats, Mini Coopers or other really small cars (you call them "baby cars") and 18-wheeler trucks any time we are out on the road.

4.) You never forget anything.  If I say we're going to Grandma's house tomorrow, we better be going!  You'll remember and ask the next day as soon as you wake up in the morning!  No more consoling you by saying we'll do or have something "later" or go somewhere "later" ... unless we're going to follow through!

5.) Funny, your favorite number is five.  Even though you can easily count to 20, most things come in 5's.... 5 tractors, 5 doggies, etc... even if there are only 3 or 4!

6.) You know how to get what you want almost all the time by saying "Special treat, please."  I guess we started this when you were about one, calling things "special treats" and it really caught on!  Now that you're a big boy, you'll go over and open the cabinet where you special treats are kept... just in case daddy or I forget what exactly it is you want!

7.)  Now, I'm not exactly sure how you know this, but I'm going to give daddy credit for this one.... When asked "Who has the money?" you always answer "Daddy".  And "What does daddy do at work?", "Makes money!"  And "Does mommy (substitute any name) have money?", "No, daddy has money."  Love it!  Smart kid.

8.) On the same topic, when I go upstairs to get you in the morning, you always either state or ask "Daddy working!?" just to be sure he's not home... because if so I guess you would want hime upstairs with you instead of me!  Like I said, you don't miss a thing!

9.) What an athlete you are!  From 12 months, you've gotten compliments even from complete strangers about how great of a basketball shooter you are.  Now, you are progressing to baseball and soccer and can even hit a baseball without a tee!  Your favorite game right now is it hit the ball and then run the bases and "wipeout" at home plate for a home run every time!

10.) We could call you Mister Manners.  From please and thank you, to bless you and excuse me, you truely are a charmer... which makes you very popular with the old ladies at the mall, who think you are to die for.

11.) You are the best toilet flusher in the midwest .... now if we could just get you to be the one going in the toilet!

12.) I never knew a man could be so happy with my simple cooking.... if you had it your way, we 'd have nothing but frozen waffles, oatmeal with cranberries, pancakes, rice, and cheese roll ups.... I can handle that!

13.) You can now spot U. of Kentucky emblems and immediately say "Go Cats"!  That's my boy!

14.) You are such a big boy... even when you have me kiss your 'boo boo's' 100 times, you're still a big boy.


15.) Finally, you are still such a great sleeper.  10-12 hours at night and 2-3 hours of naptime during the day.  You and I are like 2 peas in a pod that way!  ;)
 
I love you more than I ever knew was possible... it surprises me by getting stronger every day,
 
Mommy
 
 

2 comments:

Mommy Webb said...

Aww. so sweet Lindz. I think #7 is my favorite. That is hilarious. I need to teach Walker that one:). Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your pregnancy:).

Lindsey Brodsky said...

Rach: #7 is totally true! In the morning when I get him out of bed he now says: "Daddy at work, making money!" Too sweet!

Hey Ash!